Pages

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (WoW) #10


What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang.
This is my 10th Waiting on Wednesday (WoW), 
therefore my #WoW may not correlate with the linked post.
This meme is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the spine.

  • Hardcover: 356 pages
  • Publisher: HarperTeen (18 Sep 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0062114875
  • ISBN-13: 978-0062114877
  • Product Dimensions: 21 x 14 x 2.9 cm

Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t…

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable–hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet…for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have wanted to read this book since i saw it during the armchairBEA.  I have to say that it was the cover that attracted me too it- how amazing is this cover? along with the title.  The face with that expression-female and looking sad, only part of the face showing, but then it is shown within a siloutte of a side rpofile of the face.  Links to the 'blurb' on the back amazingly.....two souls in one one body (hence 2 faces as such) and the female is looking sad as she is meant to be gone but isn't.  Also the wording with the 'ME' in the largest font. I love it, esp with the grey colours in the cover.  I think the book sounds great and a fantastic read-i know another dystopian book but i love them right now, i have never read a book about two souls in one body.  Then all the risks they are going to take, just for Eva, will Addie and Eva turn on each other? ohh i cannot wait to read it.

<~~~~~~~~~~This is the UK paperback cover, how disappointing that they have added colour to it. I will not be buying it in paperback!!







I have an e-arc of this for review and cannot wait to read it, watch out for the review at the start of Sept :)

What is everyone else waiting for?

14 comments:

  1. Oooh! This one does look great, I have an Arc of it and can't wait to read it!

    My WOW
    And check out my giveaway, I'm giving this book and loads more away! HERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I will definitely check by, thanks for popping in, I cannot wait to read my arc either, excited much :) hehe x

      Delete
  2. Awesome pick, this sounds so good and is on my list. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a popular book by the looks of things, I think it's also due to the awesome cover haha xx

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh, this one sounds so good! The cover is pretty and I love the originality :)

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-18-wasteland.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic isn't it, I am a cover whore though, I am just obsessed with book covers but it looks ace. Thanks for the link I will check out your post nd thanks for stopping by :) x

      Delete
  4. The thought of two persons sharing the same body is frightening to me! Great pick Beckie and thanks for stopping by The Readers Den. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that's what makes it intriguing hehe, as long as the two souls get along....I wonder if the book will be complicated or an easy read umm. Thank u, u r welcome, it is an awesome blog that u share there :). Thanks for stopping by here again :) xx

      Delete
  5. Thank u, I know I am so tempted to read it now but I can't argh lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sent before I had finished, I blame the iPad lol, thank u for popping b and leavin me ur link xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I can't wait for this one either. I've been waiting for this one for the longest time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling,lol, not long now, I hope it lives up to the expectations lol.

      Delete
  8. It sounds like a really good story, original too! I hope you enjoy it! :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u, I hope so! I have high expectations which is never a good thing with a book x

      Delete

Many thanks for your comment, all comments are really appreciated and I will reply :) xx