Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2012

SWUR Readathon UPDATE;Day 1-3.

I have not done any updates for the Summer Wrap-Up Readathon (SWUR) as of yet because i decided to do them in a bunch rather than daily.  With daily updates, challenge posts and then my normal blogging posts, i thought it would be far too much for my 'readers' so here is my update of day 1-3.


DAY 1; Saturday 4th August......We have kick off!!

Books read today; Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry.  
Books completed so far; No books completed yet, it is only day 1 :)
Today's Progress; I am reading this on my kindle and at the start of the readathon i was already 70% of the way through.  Today i read 20%, and there is around 384 pgs so i read approx 76pgs.
Feelings/updates; Today didn't get off to the best start readathon wise because i was super busy with housework and having fun with my 4yr old daughter whilst my partner had taken our son to a football tournament.  I did some tweeting in between but reading wasn't my priority.  In the afternoon whilst she laid on the sofa to recoup and watch a film, i did some reading woohoo!! I also managed to read in the evening when the children went to bed and i think i did really good progress wise; i really wanted to finish this book today but it was getting late and i was exhausted- only 10% left.
Aim for tomorrow; to finish this book and to read around 60 pages as a total.

Today's challenge; Absolutely amazing challenge, LOVED IT, still ongoing and can be updated till the 12th- post here.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
DAY 2; Sunday 5th August.......day of rest but not for reading ;)

Books read today; Pushing the Limts by Katie McGarry and January First by Michael Schofield.
Books completed so far;  I finished Pushing the Limits! 
Today's Progress; Last 10% of Pushing the Limits which is approx 38pages and I read 15% of January First which is around 288pgs, so i read approx 43pgs. Todays approx total= 81pages
Readathon pgs total; approx 157pgs.!
Feelings/updates; Today was a complete day of rest, relaxing, napping, reading and having fun with the kids.  I read on and off for most of the day and then had an early night because i was shattered.  Really proud that i have managed to read this much.  I adored Pushing the Limits and sad to finish it really BUT i am excited as there is another book in the series due to be published in 2013-'Dare you to I CANNOT WAIT! The book i am now reading is emotional!
Aim for tomorrow; read 75pages....not sure possible. LOL. Aim from yesterday was met :)

Today's challenge; Posted on day 3 Monday on blog BUT, what a super HOT challenge...here is my swoon post lol.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Day 3; Monday 6th August......behind as ever but not with reading for once :)

Books read today; Janaury First by Michael Schofield.
Books completed so far; Just Pushing the Limits so far.
Today's Progress; I read upto 52% on my kindle, so i read 37% today, which of 288pgs is around 106pgs...wow!
Readathon pgs total; approx 263pgs!
Feelings/updates; At present in the UK it is the summer holidays from school and they don't go back until the 6th September, so today i got no reading done, no blogging, nothing.  Too busy entertaining the kids and then i did a big clear out of bedrooms!  I started my reading around 7pm when they were settled and read through till i was dropping to sleep.  I wanted to read more because i am engrossed with this book BUT i couldn't. I had to put it down :( I am missing out on Twitter!!!! and on blogging and checking out blogs which is all part of a readathon but with everything going on, i just cannot juggle it all :( something has to give and it cannot be reading, sorry. I will try harder i promise x
Aim for tomorrow; read 50pgs.  This is less because ALSO catch up on some blogs, twitter and my blog posts.

Today's challenge; Favourite covers of this summer.



How is everyone going with the readthon?  Please feel free to post update links in my comments :)
Sorry i am not around as much as i should be xxx

4 comments:

  1. Yello! I've been and commented on ALL YOUR CHALLENGE POSTS (because they're awesome) and dropped by to say CONGRATULATIONS! You're doing so well, isn't it nice when you set yourself a nice sensible target than smash it to pieces?! Summer's definitely manic so I'm just enjoying reading as much as I can as my little refuge in between the craziness! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bless u hun, u r sooo sweet, u really are, thank u xx my updates etc are no where near as awesome as yours :p :) hehe x yep small targets in the way forward!!!! Then when u realise u av read well more then it's amazing! I read almost 60 pgs yesterday but u know when it feels well more , ugh it did yest but I was really tired. Loved what u said - in my refuge between the craziness well I'm def enjoying reading between the craziness but I need my own oil refuge lol. Not feeling so great today, hope it passes, currently laid in front of a fan with my iPad, feeling nauseous,headache and burning up :/ xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Awww thanks :) I will do, well I will try my best :) xx

      Delete

Many thanks for your comment, all comments are really appreciated and I will reply :) xx