Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Bout of books day 2 update and challenges



Day 2; Tuesday 13th August......slight improvement :D

Books read today; Thy Neighbor by Norah Vincent and Speechless by Hannah Harrington
Books completed so far; None so far
Today's Progress; 20% of Speechless, which at 288pgs, I read approx 57pages. And I read 5% of Thy Neighbour which is 322pgs so approx 16pages.  Total pages today approx is 73pages.
Readathon Pages Total; 105 pages I think.....
Feelings/Updates; I have had a slightly better day,i didn't start reading until late afternoon, and I did it because I wanted too rather than I had too.  I don't know how the readathon will pan out for me but I need to have faith, I am doing what I can and iwill enjoy it, I am still ill, my medication, well one of them, has being tripled!! Therefore most of time I am a walking zombie and It will get worse this week until my body adjusts. GREAT! If it makes me pain free again in long run I am not complaining.  I have not being on twitter today but I have visited lots of blogs and commented on a lot and I will do some more tonight :) my reading progress will be updated later.

Challenges.

*****Today's first challenge is hosted by Curiosity Killed the Bookworm, and the challenge is to write a Limerick, it is explained on the blog.
Here goes;
She loves 2 read pages n pages
She finks she has ages n ages
She must remember 'er blog
It weighs 'er darn lika log
But in real life neither pay the wages.

***** In the second challenge, hosted by The Grammarians Reviews,  the challenge is to Relocate! the book you are reading?
Here is mine;  
Book is 'Thy Neighbor' by Norah Vincent, set in a suburban neighbourhood, and he spy's on all the neighbours by getting cameras fitted in their houses.  I would relocate him to working in a secret FBI investigation centre whereby he watches millions of different cameras to try to crack cases. He has to find the cameras and find the time frame- this way he is filling his urge to soy on people and know what they are doing, but as well as doing a good thing for the world and to get recognition and a sense of achievement.  He feels like he missed out on this growing up and now he can have everything he ever wanted in life and still spy on everything hehe.   
********The third challenge is hosted by 'Once Upon a Time' and will be completed tomorrow as there is no end date.

12 comments:

  1. I like that he'd be doing a good thing instead of just being a neighborhood creeper. :P Nice answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what i thought, i still haven't finished the book,lol, thanks x

      Delete
  2. Cool! You've been taking part in the challenges. I just haven't had time to do that yet. Isn't it so much fun to participate in Bout of Books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bout of books! it is my fav readathon :) and i do as many challenges as i can but it is difficult with everything else and trying to read. Roll on the next one! x

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better as the week goes on. ;) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks hun, xxx i did feel better thankfully xx

      Delete
  4. I think any reading you do is great! Just think of the big picture. I hope tomorrow gives you more reading time. www.fromlefttowrite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true but i always beat myself up,compare myself and think it if never enough. Thanks for being so sweet :) I will check out your website :) x i am playing catch up at the moment x

      Delete
  5. ZOMG that is such a cute limerick! I'm normally pretty good at poetry but I gave up on this one, hehe. I particularly like the fact that you've written the entire thing in a Cockney accent... Genius. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :) i didn't think i was very good at it, it only took me about 5 minutes :/ but then i am rubbish at poetry lol. Glad you liked it, it made me smile when i read that ages ago - i am playing catch up with my comments, lol. xx

      Delete
  6. Thanks for joining in my limerick challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thank you! for hosting it :) I loved it! Unique idea for a challenge and i liked that, had to use your brain more hehe. xx

      Delete

Many thanks for your comment, all comments are really appreciated and I will reply :) xx