Pages

Sunday 12 August 2012

Bout of Books 5.0 Readathon goals.....




Wow.....it is here....already!!!!!!! Bout of books 4.0 was my 1st ever readathon (i won the grand prize too hehe) so i am so excited for it to be here again.  I know i have taken part with a few readathons recently but that is only because they have all being together, after this, no readathons for a good while :/

The Offical 'Blurb'  for the Bout of Books 5.0.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.  It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 13th and runs through Sunday, August 19th in whatever time zone you are in.  Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week.  There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional.  For all Bout of Books 5.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books 5.0 team

I am so excited, i just cannot wait and have looked forward to it for ages.  Unfortunately I am not starting the readathon off in the best way because i am quite ill but i am determined to finish it on a good note and feel like i have met my goals.  I have just finished a readathon on the 12th, and the last few days were 'pants' after a really good start for me.  So i will put it behind me and focus on this :)

MY GOALS;
*Try to attend 1 twitter 'party'
*Ensure i am active on twitter inbetween, using the #boutofbooks
*To check out people's blogs and to comment on their progress
*To post up my winning prize from the last Bout of Books! I have not done a post with the winning prize completed and in my possesion.
*To complete 3 books ( Now i have 2 books from my last readathon-1 i am 24% way through and the other i have just started) but i will include the 3 books i planned to read for this readathon.
*To update this post with progress;

*~*~*~*~The books i am STILL reading from the last readathon that are not completed;
                                   

                         The Next Best Thing: A NovelThy Neighbor: A Novel

hating it!!!!!!!!!!!!but opinion maybe changing.

*~*~*~*~*~*The Books i HAD planned for Bout of Books 5.0 Readathon*~*~*~*~*~*~

                 SpeechlessOver You Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1)
*Speechless by Hannah Harrington.
*Over You by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus.

*Confessions of a Angry Girl by Louise Rozett.

If i could just get through this book i hate,and read the next one; i would then be able to read 3 books i am looking forward too!!
********I have 2 reviews that are pending- Pushing the Limits, January First


UPDATES . 
(Summary-for full updates see daily post).
Monday
Books read today; Thy Neighbor by Norah Vincent.
Books completed so far; None so far
Today's Progress; I read 10% of a 320 page book which is only 32pages!

Readathon Page total; 32

Tuesday
Books read today; Thy Neighbour by Norah Vincent and Speechless by Hannah Harrington.
Books completed so far; 0
Today's Progress; 
20% of Speechless, which at 288pgs, I read approx 57pages. And I read 5% of Thy Neighbour which is 322pgs so approx 16pages.  Total pages today approx is 73pages.
Readathon Page total; 105pgs

Wednesday

Books read today;Speechless by Hannah Harrington
Books completed so far; 0
Today's Progress;
26% of Speechless, which at 288pgs, I read approx 74pgs today
Readathon Page Total; 179pgs

Thursday
Books read today; Speechless by Hannah Harrington
Books completed so far; 1 book-Speechless  
Today's Progress; 
54% of Speechless, which at 288pgs, I read approx 155pgs  today
Readathon Page Total; 334pgs

Friday
Books read today; Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett
Books completed so far;   1 book-Speechless by Hannah Harrington 
Today's Progress; 
10% of Confessions book, which at 272pgs, I read approx 27pgs  today
Readathon Page Total; 361

Saturday

Books read today; Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett
Books completed so far; 1 book-Speechless by Hannah Harrington 
Today's Progress; 
7% of Confessions book, which at 272pgs, I read approx 19pgs  today
Readathon Page Total; 380

Sunday

Books read today;
Books completed so far;
Today's Progress;


19 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're participating even though you're not feeling well! Just do as much as you can, don't stress over it :)Good luck and I hope you can reach your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun, I will do, I may not do as many Challenges etc but I will def do what I can, still laid up, still not with it and in a lot pain. Hoping to do he readathon tho :) are u doing it? X

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better by the end of the week. So glad you could join us again. ;) Good luck with your goals, have fun and I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankmu hunnie, me too! I want to have that sense of achieving something and feeling proud, the readathon. Finished yest was a fail,even tho I started so goo! Damn medical problems and damn flares ups. Let's hope for a good week, one of fun, smiles, twitter chats and lots of reading! Not forgetting the challenges hehe. Good luck to u too Hun xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a great week and get to meet all of your goals :) Speechless looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Rebecca, your reply is below, I clicked the wrong reply button xx

      Delete
  4. Thank u, u too :) I have heard great things about speechless, I hope I get to read it this week. I will check out your blog, thanks for stopping by :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you're not liking Thy Neighbor. I just read Confessions of an Angry Girl and really enjoyed it, hope you do as well!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't finished Thy neighbour lol but I have finished reading Confessions of an angry girl and I loved it, I thought it was great! I hope to get review out within a week or so :) xx

      Delete
  6. OMG, you were the BoB prize winner! IT ALL TIES TOGETHER! Okay, so, I hope you feel better this week. I hope you get through the crap book and make it onto the others... partially because I have no idea what SPEECHLESS is about so I need you to tell me. And AMEN to no more read-a-thons for a while after this, even if I need one to get through some books quick, before we move! I'll be a-stalking you, as ever... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was the winner lol, I thought u knew hehe. I will send u a bookmark as u know :) I am catching up with my comments at the mo.m I'm so behind.Also u need to read Speechless because it is fantastic, I love the author, I need to do the review ASAP. Basically it is about someone who goes on a speech silence after witnessing something but it is so much more than that. I recommend it x stalking me hehe x we stalk each other during readathons. Lol xx

      Delete
  7. Good luck with all your goals! I really want to read the new Jennifer Weiner book -- I hear it's really good! And Confessions of an Angry Girl! I really liked that one. It's super cute and a quick read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I did alright, I still haven't read the Jennifer Werner book, but the confessions of an angry girl I loved!I couldn't put it down! I will hopefully av a review up soon xx

      Delete
  8. Hooray for another one! :) AND, I would never forget about you!! I'm so glad you are able to participate in this one too! 4.0 was my first read-a-thon as well, and it was so much stinking fun that I couldn't ignore it this time around--However, I'm not feeling so wonderful at the moment and am hoping to relax and read this evening...if my headache goes away!!

    So glad to re-connect! Hope you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks hunnie, bless you x that was so sweet of you :) yep I will always remember that readathon etc. hunnie did you still want one of my winning bookmarks that were designed for my blog, infraction will tweet you to double check. Hope u r ok Hun, I am way behind with everything with my blog so trying to catch up. Once kids at school I can have a massive catch up :) x

      Delete
  9. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog :D ! Yes I have lots of times to read and do this read a thon because I'm on holidays and I have nothing planned this week :).
    Oh you're going to read great books ! I heard awesome things about Confessions of an angry girl !

    Are you going to participate in a twitter chat? :) I won't be able to do the one wednesday because it will be too early here in France but I'll do the one on saturday. So I hope we'll talk more ! I'm going to follow you on twitter !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am playing extreme catch up sorry x I have just checked out your wrap up for the readathon and you did amazing! You even managed two twitter chats with was great as u didn't think u would. I unfortunately didn't manage to attend one :( glad u really enjoyed the readathon, so did I, such a shame we didn't get chance to chat properly during it x we seem to get the same books on the weekly haul posts ( I checked your blog out hehe) xx

      Delete
  10. good luck girl! hope you do fab :D
    (and yes I'm still youtubing, had to take a break due to not reading due to needing glasses)

    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Lauren @ Northern Plunder
    Bout of Books Posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear that you ate still doing the videos :) I did see you had some recent on there but the channel doesn't seem to have a lot of videos recently :( Any plans for having your own channel in the future? I think you would be fab!

      I had an enjoyable readathon,hope you did too, i just wasn't as active on twitter and on blog comments as i hoped. I did check out ppls blogs quite a bit, just wish i could have done more. Infact i'll have a lil browse of your blog now :)

      xxx

      Delete

Many thanks for your comment, all comments are really appreciated and I will reply :) xx