Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2012

High Summer Readathon update not wrap-up.....


Just an explanation post really for those who knew i was doing the #HSreadathon  
Unfortunately i wasn't able to fully participate in this readathon and around day 4-5 i decided that i wasn't going to be continuing with the readathon. I had read less than 40% of one book by then, which, for me, during a readathon was poor.  I didn't give it my all, and i didn't read when i could have, i just wasn't in the mood.  I knew people where giving it their all or at least trying their best and i know i wasn't.

I know what lead to the failure and it was a combination of several things.  Firstly, i had a busy week with hospital appts-ones which were hours long. I did think that when i went into hospital for my IV infusion, i could read for the 2hr duration, but i was so tired this week that i slept from 5minutes in!  I was ill on the monday to kick off and was exhausted for the rest of the week resulting in lots of sleeping.  I found that my heart wasn't into reading, the book i was reading was hard going and even though i was enjoying it, i was pressuring myself.  Once i decided, enough is enough and unfortunately this is a readathon i will have to bow out of, i felt such a relief.  I had opted in at the last minute, i hadn't planned for a readathon and had blog posts to wrote and comments to catch up for, all stuff i was getting behind on my blog.  I think to do a readathon properly, i need to gear myself up in advance and have a virtually clean sheet ahead, with no blogging plans.  I do feel like i have let myself down and that i have failed BUT onwards and upwards! I will do more readathons in the near future.
Sorry i felt like i needed to explain.

1 comment:

  1. No worries, Becca! We all have those kind of weeks and a read-a-thon sounds like the least of your worries. I hope you're not being treated for anything serious. I don't know much about what's going on with you, but I'd like to. I know I did atrociously because of hosting and work decided to really rear it's ugly head last week. I don't think I even read 200 pages! Awful!

    So don't fret! Please try to join me for FrightFall in October. Would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your comment, all comments are really appreciated and I will reply :) xx