Pages

Monday 30 April 2012

Review- Dear Coca Cola


Dear Coca Cola
by Terry Ravenscroft


Kindle Edition (i bought this).
Published (first published May 26th 2011)

No description on 'goodreads' or 'amazon' so i have tried to discuss this in my review.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My review...
My review on goodreads is the same as this; and someone liked my review so i felt good!!

Dear Coca Cola by Terry Ravenscroft is a series of letters to food and drink industry companies and then the replies; often there would be several letters set back and forward to the same company. There were recognisable companies such as Heinz, Coca Cola, Aunt Bessie's, Tesco, Ryvita and many more. It is amazing how many try and 'buy the writer off' with money/vouchers etc.

Intitally i found this book really interesting and humourous, it was definitely a laugh out loud kind of book. But sadly, this didn't last long, i got bored of the childish wit because letters and 'comments/complaints' just got stupid. Unbelievably stupid! I found myself scan reading it because i wanted something interesting and funny again and wasn't getting it.

I understand that it was a series of letters but i got sick of seeing the address of the author over and over again, as well as the company! Maybe this adds something to the paperback version but if so it was definite lost in the kindle version.

It is def a book that you dip in and out and i would say to people to read it but not as a sit down and read book. I would say just to read the companies you are interested in and don't read too much at once.

I gave this book 2 out of 5 stars.
**



No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for your comment, all comments are really appreciated and I will reply :) xx